Festive and Spooky Activities to End October
Oct 25, 2017 03:25PM
● By Linda Ditch
- Still need a pumpkin? Visit Riverview Farm (141 River Road, Plainfield) until the end of the month to get yours. They are open 7 days a week from 10am to 5pm. You can also visit the Corn Maze while you’re there, constructed by local artist Gary Hamel. On 10/27 and 10/28, you can check out the Haunted Corn Maze from 7 to 9pm. Admission is $8. Please leave your costume at home.
- Devil’s Playground, 897 2nd NH Turnpike in Unity, 10/25 to 10/28, plus 10/31, 7 to 10pm: An approximately 45-minute walk through a “haunted forest of doom . . . where your nightmares come to life!” Admission is $10, $5 for kids under 12.
- White River Junction Trick-or-Treat locations: 10/27, VA Medical Center, 163 Veterans Drive, 5:30 to 7:30pm. Located in the front parking lot of the Medical Center; 10/28, Hartford Parks and Recreation at Lyman Point Park/Hartford Town Hall, 171 Bridge Street, 4 to 6pm.
- Screening of Nosferatu, Mascoma Valley Regional High, 27 Royal Road, Canaan, 10/27, 6:30 to 8:30pm: Step back in time and enjoy this 1921 silent film based on Bram Stoker’s novel, Dracula. Live musical accompaniment will be provided by Jeff Rapsis, one of the nation’s leading silent-film accompanists. Admission is free.
- Halloween Bash, Salt hill Pub, 2 West Park Street, Lebanon, 10/27, 9pm to 12:30am: Wear your costume and rock out to the music of Wherehouse. No cover charge. Halloween specials offered and prizes for best costumes. For adults 21 and older.
- Monster Dash 5K and Costume Run/Walk , Valley Regional Hospital, 243 Elm Street, Claremont, 10/28, 8am: The run is being presented in conjunction with the Health Fair, which begins at 9am. Registration for the 5K begins at 8am and the race starts at 9am. Cost is $25 for adults. Kids 12 and under are free. Preregistration is $20 and can be done online at //bit.ly/RotaryMonsterdash2017. Prizes for best costumes will be given.
- DB Haunts Haunted Circus, Twilight Court, White River Junction, 10/28 to 10/31, 7pm each evening, $5 donation (early-bird donations $2).
- Zombie Prom and Costume Party, Salt hill Pub, 5 Airport Road, West Lebanon, 10/28, 9pm to midnight: Classic and 1990s rock provided by Night Cap. No cover charge. Prizes will be given for best costumes, with the band doing the judging.
- Halloween Bash, Salt hill Pubin Newport, Salt hill Pub, 58 Main Street, 10/28, 9pm to 12:30am: Music by Tirade. No cover charge. Don’t forget your costume. You might win a prize!
- Trick-or-Treat for Books, Richards Free Library, 58 North Main Street, Newport, 10/31, 10am to 8pm: Kids can come to the library in their costumes to pick out a free book. For children 18 and under.
Halloween FunFest in Lebanon, Lebanon City Hall, 51 North Park Street, 10/31, 4 to 6pm: Kid-friendly Halloween activities will surround Colburn Park, such as stories in the Pumpkin Patch, pumpkin painting, and games like pumpkin bowling, spin art, and pumpkin ring toss. Also, get your photo taken with your favorite storybook characters. Next door at the Roger’s House you can get candy from 4 to 6pm, and Soldier’s Memorial Building will have more candy, hot cider, and donuts from 4 to 7pm. Finally, stop in at the Lebanon Fire Department for their open house from 5 to 8 pm.
- Indoor Trick-or-Treating at the Powerhouse Mall, 8 Glen Road, West Lebanon, 10/31, 4 to 6pm.