Great Gift Ideas for Your Graduate
May 16, 2012 09:37AM
● By Erin Frisch
With summer quickly approaching, it’s graduation time for high schools and colleges. Graduation is a big milestone in life, marking the end of one part of a life journey and the start of another. It’s a time to celebrate accomplishments and a time to be proud, whether as a parent, friend, sibling, or graduate yourself! Graduation gifts come in all shapes and sizes, and they can have many different meanings to the graduate, from practical and useful to deeply meaningful.
Finding the perfect gift for the graduate in your life isn’t difficult. Celebrate your grad’s success with one of these great gift suggestions, in all different price ranges, for high school and college graduates:
- A yearly planner helps grads keep track of schedules and assignments in college courses.
- Fill a laundry basket with detergent, dryer sheets, and a container of quarters for washers and dryers—quarters are a college student’s best friend!
- A toolbox filled with the basics comes in handy; everyone can use a set of tools.
- A set of monogrammed towels and comfortable sheets will be appreciated.
- An all-in-one printer for those late-night papers when the library is closed is a must.
- An eReader can be a money saver; many textbooks are now offered on eReaders for less than the cost of a hard copy.
- A mini fridge for the dorm room really comes in handy.
- A laptop is easy to bring from class to class for college students.
- A TV, while not a necessity, makes a welcome gift.
- Quality cookware is a necessity when moving into that first apartment!
- A wooden salad bowl filled with spices, extra-virgin olive oil, and good balsamic vinegar will remind the new grad to eat well.
- A gift card to a supermarket near the graduate’s new apartment helps stock the kitchen.
- A personalized leather portfolio travels to job interviews or work in style!
- A high-quality pen engraved with the grad’s name or initials will be a keeper.
- An eReader is great to use on public transportation while traveling to and from work.
- A briefcase or messenger bag can conveniently carry files, a laptop, and more.
- A gift card for a resume writing service can help a graduate get interviews and job offers.
- Furniture for setting up that first apartment is essential!