More Tips for Greener Holidays: Make Your Meals and Parties Eco-Friendly
Besides shopping for smarter gifts and saving energy with your decorations, continue thinking green when you shop for groceries and entertain this season. Here are a few tips:
- Look for organic and sustainable food in your area and buy locally to support our farmers.
- Use washable, reusable glasses, plates, and flatware; don’t buy plastic cups, paper plates, and plastic utensils that end up in the landfill.
- Buy snack foods in bulk to avoid extra packaging.
- Plastic bags from the grocery store don’t hold much, you end up using several each trip. Bring reusable canvas bags with you instead.
- Buy large containers of drinks, not individual bottles, or brew your own big batches of tea, punch, or hot chocolate.