'Celebrate the Season!' in Hanover Provides Family-Friendly Fun
Dec 01, 2017 01:06PM
By Linda Ditch
There are too many fun events happening during these two days, plus numerous shopping discounts and yummy treats offered by businesses, to list them all here. Visit the Chamber’s website to see them all (www.hanoverchamber.org). However, here are a few of the highlights:
Friday, December 1
- Santa will visit the Norwich Inn from 3:30–5pm.
- There will be a free viewing of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Nugget Theater at 3:30 pm. Monetary donations or canned goods will be accepted for the Upper Valley Haven.
- King Arthur Flour’s head bread baker, Martin Philip, will be at the Howe Library to talk about his book Breaking Bread from 3:30–4:30pm. Norwich Bookstore will also be there selling copies of the book.
- From 4–8pm, visit Downtown Hanover for free horse-drawn wagon rides as well as refreshments, crafts, discounts, raffles, and window decorations at different stores.
- Make metal and clay ornaments at the League of NH Craftsmen Fine Craft Gallery from 4–7pm. There will also be a musical performance, a raffle for a gallery gift certificate, and cookies and hot chocolate.
- Christmas Tree Lighting with the Christmas Revels North Chorus at 5pm.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will be at Mascoma Savings Bank from 5:30–8pm.
Saturday, December 2
- The Family Place’s 14th Annual Gingerbread Festival at Tracy Hall in Norwich takes place from 10am–3pm.
- The Hanover Garden Club Holiday Sale Shop will be open at the Richard W. Black Community Center from 10am–1pm. A special children’s craft, a raffle, and live music are part of the fun. Live music will be provided by the North Country Chordsmen at 11am.