Refreshing Garden Goodness
May 04, 2015 04:40AM
● By Family Features
Though it may be weeks or even months before you can enjoy the bounty of a flourishing garden, you can get a jump on your craving for fresh veggies with ingredients that deliver the same refreshingly wholesome flavors.
After a long winter, your taste buds likely are eager for the nutrient-rich foods that warmer weather makes possible. The invigorating and lively tastes of healthy garden fare are a welcome change as you prepare to embrace a new, more active season.
Plentiful garden veggies let you welcome spring with a fresh take on your diet. You can free yourself to get creative in the kitchen and combine endless variations of your favorite ingredients to make it easy – and appetizing – to embrace healthier dishes.
Whether you’re waiting for the opportunity to pick veggies straight from the garden, or looking for a quick and convenient alternative, use ingredients that let you capture those same flavors. Made with vibrant red hand-picked, vine-ripened Roma tomatoes, Sabra Salsa is chock-full of fresh vegetables. Delicious when simply paired with crunchy vegetable sticks or chips, Sabra Salsa comes in a variety of flavors that also make it easy to incorporate in a wide range of recipes.
See how fresh ingredients complement the rich flavors this non-fried, better-for-you version of traditional taquitos, and find more lively and refreshing recipes at www.sabra.com.
Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup Sabra Southwest Salsa
- 3 green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 10-12 small flour tortillas (6-inch)
- Spray olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees and line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick liner.
- In large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add cream cheese, diced green chiles, salsa, green onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and chipotle chile powder. Stir frequently until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in chicken, pepper jack cheese and cilantro.
- Add about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture to each tortilla, placing slightly off center and keeping mixture about 1 inch away from edge. Roll up tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish.
- Gently mist taquitos with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown and edges are crisp.