The Perfect Lactose-Free Breakfast
We all know that the best way to start the morning is with a balanced breakfast – it’s not called “the most important meal of the day” for nothing, after all. But many breakfast recipes call for milk, making it challenging for those with lactose sensitivities to enjoy a well-rounded breakfast and get the nutrients they need to keep going throughout the day.
Luckily, you can skip the lactose – without skipping your nutritious breakfast-time favorites – thanks to DairyPure Lactose-Free milk. Simply substitute it for regular milk in your egg-based recipes, like Veggie Frittata Muffins, or use it as a base for a creamy Peach-Pineapple Smoothie.
The only farm-to-fridge milk backed by an exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise, DairyPure Lactose-Free milk contains no artificial growth hormones, is tested for antibiotics, is continually quality tested to ensure purity, only comes from cows fed a healthy diet and is cold-shipped fresh from your trusted dairy. Since it’s real milk, it provides the real dairy nutrition you need and the great taste you love, plus it’s easy to digest for those with lactose sensitivities.
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen peaches or 4 ripe peaches, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks or 1 can (16 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup DairyPure Lactose-Free Skim milk
- In blender or food processor, combine peaches, pineapple, banana and milk. Blend until mixture is smooth.
Veggie Frittata Muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup DairyPure Lactose-Free Whole milk or DairyPure Lactose-Free 2 percent Reduced Fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil. Then add red pepper and cook over medium heat, 5 minutes. Add baby spinach and scallions; cook 3 minutes longer, or until spinach is just wilted.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease eight 2 3/4-inch muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetable mixture and spoon into muffin cups. Bake 15 minutes, or until mixture is puffed and golden.