Tips to Save Money at the Pump
Dec 15, 2014 04:03AM ● Published by Family Features
As gas prices continue to drop, motorists should take advantage of their savings at the pump and invest it back into their vehicles. By spending a little now to increase fuel efficiency, drivers can multiply fuel savings and save more money at the pump, according to the Car Care Council.
Here are a few simple steps for motorists to be car care aware to improve fuel efficiency and save money in the long run:
- Engine performance: Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage by an average of four percent.
- Tire pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- Motor oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- Air filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- Gas cap: Damaged, loose or missing gas caps allow gas to vaporize into the air.
For more tips to increase savings and fuel efficiency for your vehicle, visit www.carcare.org.